Such a great clip
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “This study suggests I’ve been using CBD wrong by pairing it with Kratom. If true, this would result in less…” Mar 29, 11:27
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Researchers in Indianapolis have altered the molecular structure of CBD to produce more effective antidotes for opioid overdoses than the…” Mar 28, 15:19
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Yeah, too bad about Mechoulam. I haven’t taken DMT either. As I recall, the drug was introduced to the market…” Mar 28, 15:01
- Son of Sam Walton on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: ““Momma’s Lemon Pound Cake–It tastes so nice . . . It made the Sheriff want to put down his gun…” Mar 28, 07:43
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
“The first foundation of justice is not to harm others”â€”fundamentum iustitiae, primum est ne cui noceaturâ€”Cicero, (De Officiis I, 10, 31)
For non-fictional truth about policing, see the Police One blog.
Pot researcher abruptly fired by University of Arizona
hah! sorry, didn’t see yours when I posted mine… but redundancy in information is a good thing. better posted twice than not all.
Consumer power has occasionally proven effective at bringing about needed change. Why aren’t we boycotting NM, AZ, LA (and declaring boycott)… any of these canna-bigot states?
Headed for vacation in the SW? skip AZ and NM, go to CO!
Odd about AZ, so far, it is the ONLY MMJ State that recognizes MMJ licenses from other States when tourists/visitors from other States with MMJ licenses get stopped by AZ cops with cannabis in their possession. But then the State fires a researcher because her research involves using cannabis to help veterans with PTSD.
OT… but definitely veterans should take note (again)
The personnel is the political: UA marijuana researcher fired, claims
From the article:
“Biggs denied Sisleyâ€™s story, but said he did speak with UA lobbyist Tim Bee about the bill that would have funded Sisleyâ€™s study from the medical marijuana fee fund.
â€œIf asking a few questions about the bill and the universityâ€™s stance on itâ€¦ I guess what sheâ€™s suggesting is that I urged her termination, which is flatly false,â€ Biggs said.
Biggs also introduced an amendment to a state budget bill earlier this year that would have explicitly prohibited general fund money from going toward any marijuana research.
â€œI donâ€™t remember the genesis of (the amendment),â€ Biggs said. â€œBut the idea was simply, you know, I donâ€™t think we should fund that sort of thing. We have limited funds and better things to spend it on.â€ (Emphasis mine – k.)
‘Better things to spend it on’…than our Veterans? His official State legislature Webpage does not mention any military service…but does provide his phone number.
Any Arizona Veterans out there might want to let him know how you feel about his sense of priorities.
People like him should thank whatever Deity they claim that dueling is illegal in this country. With so many combat Veterans in desperate need of relief from PTSD from all our damnable wars that we’ve had going back decades, he wouldn’t last the first challenger.
And there it is again:
“…you know, I donâ€™t think…”
Clearly self-evident and unnecessary to admit when you consider who might have benefited from the program. Freudian slip, and all that.
And this is a (putative) legislator. (Spitting sound)
The truth is spreading.
“I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it’s for or against.”
Great clip indeed. I considered law enforcement careers on and off for about a decade before I just got burned out. The drug war was the primary reason I walked away.
Now I’m working in private sector security (healthcare)and I’m also a licensed EMT. I’ll probably move into EMS full-time soon. I’d be making more money in law enforcement, of course. But I come home with a clear conscience at night, so its not so bad.
If there were more cops like the fictional Major Colvin out there calling bullshit on prohibition, maybe I would have stuck it out. But the way I see it, I didn’t turn my back on policing, the cops turned their backs on me (and people like me).
Stephen Gaskin Requiescat In Pace
Thank God for Hippies
RIP Stephen… if’n any don’t know of the Gaskins you should, we’ve lost another good one.
The cannabis movement is learning slowly that when the
people back a ballot petition or Bill allowing cannabis use, there must be monies set aside to promote the education and research of its use.
Many States that have passed such laws have collected millions in fees only to have the LEO take part of that money and
none to study or help those that may require its use.
The heading says this is a fictional clip, but Neill Franklin says that The Wire is virtually a documentary. He would know.
Well except for the part where the cops go to the intersection of two streets which run parallel to one another. Oh and putting the cemetery in west Baltimore instead of east.
Possibly the most enjoyable event in that series for me was when one of the regular yo boys argued entrapment by estoppel in the aftermath of the police terminating the Hamsterdam open air market. The result being getting his criminal case closed without any further action because the entire fiasco was such a clear cut case of entrapment by estoppel. IIRC the yo boy didn’t have even a clue of the definition of EbE.
PS entrapment by estoppel is when a LEO tells you either that something that is illegal is not illegal or if the LEO acknowledges that something is illegal but says that he’s going to look the other way and subsequently arresting people that relied on his word.