- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Do you really want to go there, Holder?
Holder promises marijuana verdict coming ‘soon’ I have no idea what that means. â€œWeâ€™re still in the process of reviewing both of the initiatives that were passed,â€ said Holder, speaking at the National Association of Attorney General annual conference in … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 120 Comments
Am I being detained?
Lessons from some free Americans, taught on American soil.
Posted in Uncategorized 16 Comments
For many decades, part of the prohibition tactic was to make illegal drugs so taboo that even discussing them was considered improper. People even whispered when they said the word “marijuana” as if some Orwellian hidden government microphones might catch … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 46 Comments
Let’s go for a drive
Lee Rosenberg makes sure we continue the important discussion of the nuances of cannabis and impaired driving in a post that discusses both what’s happening in Washington, and his own experiences driving. It’s well-written and worth reading. I know we’ve … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 55 Comments
It’s OK; don’t worry. People hardly ever go to prison for cannabis.
Teenage sports star hanged himself over 50p worth of cannabis Edward Thornber, 17, played lacrosse for England and planned to teach it in the US, an inquest heard. But he feared a court appearance would ruin his American dream after … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 21 Comments
The Economist on The Great Experiment
The Economist has always been better than most on drug policy, and this piece – Illegal Drugs: The Great Experiment – is really outstanding. The Economist has long argued that prohibition is illiberal in principle and harmful in practice, and … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 54 Comments
Supreme Court proves it has absolutely no understanding of the real world
In yet another boneheaded ruling – this time unanimously – the Supreme Court has ruled that mistakes made by dogs in the field don’t count and that police have no interest in going on fishing expeditions in your car. Wow. … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 62 Comments
Can unions help the marijuana industry?
That’s the intriguing question posed by John Ford in Marijuana Legalization: Why the Pot Business Needs Unions to Survive Though the image of straight-laced hard-working blue-collar labor collaborating with hippy stoners doesnâ€™t quite seem to match up, it is actually … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 39 Comments
Those who don’t learn from history… Marijuana legalization bill may threaten fabulous Prohibition II profits by Paul Carpenter The next time they designed such a system, the gangsters and their allies were more clever. With Prohibition II, they skillfully made … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 27 Comments
Just how much stupid can you squeeze into two sentences?
This account of Mayor Bloomberg’s opposition to legalizing marijuana sure seems to indicate that he’s trying for the record. Bloomberg: I Oppose Legalizing Marijuana Bloomberg says he opposes legalizing marijuana because it’s stronger than it used to be. He added … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized 84 Comments