Lessons from some free Americans, taught on American soil.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
that could be a catchy rap hook…
“Am I being detained?…No?
I ain’t bin Violatin, so you know you got me waitin’ I ain’t participatin’ in any crimes you know
So If I ask “I bein’ detained?” and the answer’s “No”
Then I ask, you little bitch, “Am I free to go?”
who are you? Mr man in blue?
Wit’chur bling and ur bang
hanging at your side
ya wanna frisk ME?Frisk this!
Ah no… you might like it
so go shoot a dog
chase that patient ’cause he’s gotta bong!
Why chase rapists, creeps and thugs
when ya kin bust the hippies
and steal their nugs!
Two thumbs DOWN? You people got no taste…
(Long, long string of incendiary unprintables, literally shaking with rage.)
Every Veteran who had ever been through Checkpoint Charlie when there was an East Berlin and an East Germany left the place even more determined not to let that kind of fecal matter happen here…and here it is. Even the same kind of mentalities involved. The same kind of questions, the same kind of mannerisms, the same kind of arrogance. The service of every Vet willing to place their ass on the line to protect our (supposed) freedoms has been soiled.
Damn the prohibs! Damn them to the lowest pit of Hell! BECAUSE THEY STARTED THIS ROT! It wouldn’t have happened if they had been called out for what they were doing, using kids as bureaucratic human shields in order to acquire this unwarranted power. The so-called ‘War on Terror’ used the drug laws as their foundation. And this is the result: the American version of “Papieren, bitte!” said with a barely disguised threat. Sickening…
Awwwwwwww, it seems like I hurt someone’s widdle fee-wings. Would the offended party care to debate as to why? I’m certainly up for it, right now.
I suspect we have a drive by troll on the couch today.
When properly seasoned, trolls can be very tasty, especially when barbecued. They tend to have a seemingly hard crust, but after proper tenderizing they are all gooshy inside, sort of like those little square breath-mint things. And the bones are good replacements for toothpicks; why kill a tree when there are so many trolls?
I’m getting hungry just thinking about it; excuse me while I fetch my marinade…
You really have to admire their composure. (Well, I do…) In my case, It’s be so shaken by rage and fear that there’s not doubt in my mind I coud not pull that off. PTSD would kick in and I’d be so primed for a fight I don’t beleieve I’d make it out without charges of one kind or another. I know the limits of my self control. And that is so far beyond them I simply cannot imagine going there.
I have serious issues with simple border crossings, when I know to expect this sort of thing. Even then I have a hyper-combative reaction. Of course, I learned some things about border crossings in Central America that stick with me constantly. I learned, for instance, that they don’t follow their own rules. (I’ll keep my other take away private. But Kap’n and EZ know what I’m talking about, so does anybody who has ever operated in “enemy” territory.) I really am like a sweaty old stick of dynamite in those instances.
Sort of OT:
How Even a ‘Well-Trained Narcotics Detection Dog’ Can Be Wrong 84 Percent of the Time
Really good article by Jacob Sullum
Moot point! SCrOTUS says so, in fact I think this is their direct quote on that:
I worked with SAR dogs, and I can tell you from experience the dog will do anything to please the handler. They closely watch you – their ‘alpha’ – and will react to your unconscious body language.
The more clever the breed (like Shepherds, but we also used Labs when looking for kids, as a big, goofy, lick-you-to-death Lab isn’t as ‘scary’ to some frightened kid) the more likely the the animal will try to influence you to reward it, so it will react to that body language in hopes of eliciting that reward. It’s something that every handler has to be aware of, and avoid any extraneous motion, lest the dog pick up on that. To say otherwise is patent BS.
“I would appreciate the next time you came through here you would be more co-operative”.
I think he meant to say more “compliant”.
oh the webs we weave:
Stoned Inc: the war On drugs’ whack-a-mole problem
Oh, what a thankless job! I felt sorry for some of the cops–how often does someone challenge them like that?
I’m guessing these are the inland border stops, not stops at the border, since the actual border stops come with customs officials who really CAN go through all your stuff without cause.
I’m not sure about the legality of the inland border stops. I recall reading something about a supreme court decision allowing them to do it and ask questions, but I really don’t remember the specifics.
It’s all about the conditioning. Way too many sheeple have NO idea what their rights are and seem happy to be ‘compliant’ with ANY uniform wearing ‘officer’ and his requests.
These checkpoints are so illegal. Notice how the people who stand their ground get through after much harassment!?
Why are there drug sniffin dogs there?
People better wake up soon to this police state or it’s gonna be too late. I bet 80% of the drivers who have to go through these domestic ‘checkpoints’ don’t even see a problem with it.
Seems like alot of these officers should be asked the same questions they’re asking others.
Pretty soon, these ‘officers’ will be wearing blue helmets… wake up, america
Three years ago in Mexico, I chatted with a retired schoolteacher from Texas who moved to Mexico to be more free and safer. His unsolicited remark; “The US is a police state.” It’s worse now. That is why I will never voluntarily cross the medicine line.