- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Servetus on He’s back: “Cannabidiol (CBD) and its derivatives can make the opioid antidote Narcan (Naloxone) more effective in countering fentanyl ODs. […] 28…” Jun 10, 10:20
- Servetus on He’s back: “Tourette syndrome is the latest disease to be effectively treated in a study using THC or CBD cannabinoids. 9 JUN…” Jun 10, 09:49
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers at Mt Sinai Hospital revealed that gene manipulation takes place with frequent opioid use. The study focused on the…” Jun 10, 09:23
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Hey Peeps. Got myself in a bit of a jam. If I’m not elected Preznut I’m probably gonna spend the…” Jun 6, 18:16
- Son of Sam Walton on He’s back: “And the rats operated way cheaper and more efficiently than the DEA.” Jun 6, 08:15
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Will a ‘drug free world’ look like Blade Runner?
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.
The notion of a “drug free world” seemed like such a good idea at the time, but now that I’m facing surgery I’m not so sure 🙂
Apparently the Public Service Announcements in the “Drug-Free World” will look similar to “Requiem for a Dream.”
Film School Dropout + Cult Indoctrination = “Drug-Free World”
Everyone knows that a really drug-free world wouldn’t be a world anymore at a all. It would be a Borg cube. We would all have been assimilated.
I visited the website. Very interesting – next time I’ll take a puff beforehand…
Also, I sent an email asking if anyone from their organization would like to come on my talk show and defend prohibition. I don’t expect to get a reply, but will share whatever does come from them.
“A Drug Free World” = No Coffee, No Tea, No Colas. I could also mention no tobacco. Is this really what they’re seeking? Because “drug-free” means exactly that. NO DRUGS, good or bad! Imagine medicine in a “drug-free” world. I believe they tried that in the “Dark Ages.”
I sent them an e-mail claiming just that. In a truly drug free world, all of their LEGAL drugs will have gone bye bye.
Will a â€˜drug free worldâ€™ look like Blade Runner?
It would look like 1802
1803/04, Friedrich Wilhelm SertÃ¼rner (1783 – 1841) succeeded in isolating a crystalline substance from opium in the test tube, which he called morphium.
Steve: that site is run by Scientologists. From what I understand, members of L. Ron’s cult aren’t too keen on any drug that is “mind-altering” legal or not* (this is one of the reason why Scientology is claimed to be an alternative to psychiatry and psychiatric drugs). Also, in Scientologist morality, drug lords are specifically ranked with Hitler for being among the few truly evil humans who have ever lived.
*And really, can you think of any real drug that isn’t in some “mind-altering”?
Talk about depressing. Too dark, cold-looking and dreary for me. A Puritan’s ideal of Heaven, I suppose. They can have it…
Good greif! A drug free world is just as much an Illusion as a utopian society. Why humans are just that human. THESE THINGS CAN HAPPEN BECAUSE OF WHAT WE ARE.We wont allow it.
Looked more like a shot from the movie ‘Dark City”.
(edit) THESE THINGS CAN’T* HAPPEN BECAUSE OF WHAT WE ARE.We wont allow it.
Since both ‘Blade Runner’ and a world free of certain drugs are a sheer fiction, I would say it would be whatever someone can dream up. The prohibitionists have been trying to create a world free of certain drugs for years. So far it has worked in reverse.
This leads me to believe that the prohibitionsts’ dreams are being harnessed, more like ‘The Matrix’, by people who couldn’t care less about drugs, or people or sovereignty. The people who pull the prohibitionists’ strings are only interested in power and control. The prohibitionists are useful idiots serving a master who will dispense with them when it is convenient to do so. Kind of like changing a battery.
BTW, as a person who graduated high school in 1980, I’m slightly more than disappointed that the world has not even come close to ‘Blade Runner’ as I believed the world would be. We are only 10 years away from the fictional date of the Blade Runner world and there are no hovercraft or replicants or colonization of Mars.
I don’t know if anyone read the “FACTS” page, but it was news to me that “drugs make your senses dead.” Or that they “destroy your creativity … permanently” or that each time you take them you take an “emotional crash” that is lower and lower and lower and lower EACH TIME!! It sounds like these people are taking their talking points from a pile of poop.
Cliff, you reminded me of something.
Yeah, like Mr. Brooks said, “Where are the flying cars? I was promised flying cars!”
Ain’t the ‘Net wonderful? I had found that within a minute of searching. What having an eidetic memory and access to a high-speed link can do…
These drug war hypocrites are fine with any drug you can buy at the pharmacy or at the grocery store. Those are legal and inherently good, in spite of the average prescription drug having a list of side effects a mile long. Some of them are more dangerous than any of the illegal stuff. There is a treatment for asthma which can cause you to die from asthma and a stop smoking pill which can cause you to kill yourself. Most drugs to treat erectile dysfunction can cause you to be aroused to death — your blood pressure drops cause it all flows into your penis. Most Americans are addicted to TV and refined sugar but where is the campaign to ban TV or the partnership for high fructose corn syrup free America?
replace the drug war with the war on replicants