… including George Will.
I noted in my discussion of George Will’s latest column that he seemed to be all over the place. My friend from Seattle even called me to ask “what the heck George Will was trying to say.”
It was apparently a real challenge for headline writers as well. Columnists generally don’t write their own headlines – those are chosen by the paper. Here’s a taste of the range of headlines that they came up with for the same column in papers around the country:
- Legalizing Drugs May Be Worth It
- 80/20 ratio is a significant factor in U.S.
- Drug legalization is coming, but at what cost?
- Weighing ups and downs of drug legalization
- Weighing pros and cons of drug legalization
- To legalize or not to legalize: That is the question when it comes to illicit drugs
- Should the US legalize hard drugs?
- Take the wind out of drug dealers’ sails
- U.S. weighs cost of legal pot versus enforcement
- Drug legalization makes a lot of economic sense
- Understanding the 80/20 ratio
- New strategy could hurt drug cartels
- Drug legalization has pros, cons
- We may find out whether legalization worth the cost
- The prices of making drugs illegal
- Drug policy calls for further review