Take a drink every time President Obama fails to mention the drug war when he talks about something that is affected by the drug war.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- NorCalNative on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Hey dude. Any thoughts on why legalization lost so badly? That 2-to-1 split surprised me.” Mar 8, 13:53
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “And for all of you into that whole heavy metal hiking/camping out in the thick German forests in the mountains…” Feb 28, 09:15
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Dogs should be retrained to help their masters find the kindest of kind bud at dispos. Fingers crossed that another…” Feb 28, 09:09
- Servetus on Guy who wants to be in office has ideas about drugs: “Psilocybin helps people eliminate their addiction to nicotine. 24-FEB-2023…Lead author and University of Cincinnati postdoctoral researcher Neşe Devenot said the…” Feb 24, 19:27
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
I fear we’d all be on our asses fifteen minutes in.
and just what do you expect us to count with when we run outta toes and fingers?
Dammit, you’re trying to KILL us.
If i tried it I doubt my alcohol reserves would last 15 min….assuming I could survive the consumption of that much booze.
Better call an ambulance.
Everytime you hear the word “I” mentioned drink. The last speech by the messiahÂ® had “I” in it 132 times.
extra points if you can survive after also drinking when mentioning America being the leader of liberty, and then also failing to mention the war on drugs.
does this extend to the republican response? because if so think i’d have to drink quite a bit at the comments “We need to return to a smaller government, which focuses on personal liberties and fiscal responsibility”. but right now the response is reeking like oats after they’ve passed through the horse.
I’d like to take this unique opportunity to mention the legal status of alcohol in comparison to other ‘dangerous’ intoxicants…
It’s amazing that he can bring up the topic of nuclear energy and still be terrified of mentioning prohibition. Marijuana: more politically toxic than nuclear waste!
I can’t believe that through all of the talk about national security and foreign policy not once did he mention Mexico and the huge death toll right along our border. He needs to address drug policy and stop ignoring the toll on our lives it is taking.
LOL Did all of you notice he mentioned finding cures for cancer, but failed to call for more studies into alternative drugs?
I tore his speach apart, it was comedy hour for my girlfriend ! 🙂 😛 🙂
Oh I cant drink that much , I’d end up in the ER !
It’s surely worth pointing out that not talking about the war on drugs is better than pretending that it’s working, even if we’d rather he be talking about dimantling it.
I’ll take a swig of Bhang, pronounced [bÊ±aËÅ‹É¡]; it’s a preparation from the leaves and flowers (buds) of the female cannabis plant, consumed in the Indian subcontinent. It is consumed as a beverage.
Puran Poli | Gujia | Papri | Dahi Bhalle | Malpua | Kanji Ke Vade | Bhang Ke Vade | Bhang ke Pakore | Meetha Poodas | Bread Dahi Vade | Khasta Kachodi | Barfi | Sweet Rice | Thandai Recipes | Bhang Recipes | Flavoured bhang drink | Hot Buttered Bhang
Bhang Recipes erowid
Alcohol? Hell, no! Cannabis has done a superb job of preserving my ‘grey matters’ and I have no intention of ever reversing that courtesy of imbibing See-Two-Aitch-Five-Oh-Aitch.
But unlike our opponents, I’d never argue for a return to alcohol Prohibition; I consider myself able to learn from history when it comes to human nature.
A pity those who are supposed to be oh-so-much wiser than ‘stoners’, courtesy of their having assumed public office, seem to be incapable of such a feat…
If you did this with alcohol, you’d die; if you did this with cannabis, you’d fall asleep. Which is illegal again?