Feel free to talk about the conference and any of the sessions (or just where to get the best food) here.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Sean Hannity forum
Oh what kid of trouble can I find here? Â¶8)
I’ve participated in (at least) seven drug policy conferences, and have mixed feelings regarding their effectiveness. Granted, they’ve all been fun – but most resemble group hugs. Group hugs have merit, without question, as they amp-up and excite those most committed to the cause. But results are what matter most, and I’m of the position that they have been a bit meager.
I am hopeful, however, that results will improve. Our current leaders have been at the helm for some time now, and the newer kids on the block are anxious to step up to the plate. Two of the brightest, Micah Daigle (Exec. Dir. SSDP), and Tom Angell (media relations director for LEAP), sat for interviews recently inside the Opium Den. They are available from Archives at http://www.theopiumden.net. I invite everyone to give them a listen.
DdC – here’s start:
No WiFi in the sessions, and verrrrry slow here in the foyer.
High point so far:
AM Plenary, El Paso City Councilman Beno O’Rourke:
With a District bordering Ciudad Juarez which had been rocked with 1600 “cartel” murders in the previous year, the City Council took up a resolution deploring the deaths.
He moved an amendment, calling for the US and Mexican governments to begin an open and honest debate on ending Prohibition to stop the violence. To his surprise, the amendment carried unanimously.
Congressman Reyes, who represents the El Paso, then called all the City Council members, threatening to cut off funding to the City. In a subsequent vote, the Council retreated.
Loving it. It’s my first conference as I’ve just gotten involved with SSDP in the past semester. It won’t be my last. I read your blog all the time Peter, hopefully i’ll bump into you sometime tomorrow.
Even the typical lame ones aren’t that bad.
Not what I expected.
Have the Drug nuts petered out?
Should we take prisoners?
Now they’ll want war restitutions.
I think we should stone them,
maybe get em high first.
Feature: The State of Play
Federal Drug Reform Legislation in the Congress
LOU DOBBS LAST MARIJUANA REPORT ON CNN : ) U2b
I hope this idiot doesn’t have political aspirations,
hate it when they get aspirations. Just retire fool!
Move to Mexico. Another Bircher bites the dust.
Pot-TV Classics Now on YouTube
The Pot-TV Network’s classic video library is back! Subscribe to the Pot-TV YouTube Channel to watch videos from yesterday and today.
Accept The Facts â€“ and End This Futile ‘War on Drugs’
We are handing one of our biggest industries over to armed, criminal gangs.
Should Pot Be Legal?
Two-part debate between retired Orange County Judge James P. Gray and David Evans, an author and advisor to the Drug Free America Foundation.