I apologize for the lack of posts the past few days — every now and then all my other interests overwhelm and I just can’t keep up with what I’d like to do here.
Those only interested in drug policy should probably skip this post, but I know some readers like to hear what I do in other areas now and then.
One of the student groups I work (Theatre of Ted) with held a 4-square marathon to raise money for student scholarships. They started at 5 pm on Wednesday and finished at 9 am on Saturday – 64 straight hours for a new record. And yes, I was there the entire time, cooking for the students, sometimes playing. Then on Saturday and Sunday I slept.
I’m also helping out Illinois State University’s Improv Mafia — the current national college improv champions. Next week, they are performing a fully Improvised Musical, and I am playing the piano for it (which means, of course, that I am performing a completely improvised musical accompaniment). It’s delightful fun and quite a challenge. Performances are free (Thursday at 6 pm, Saturday at 9:30 pm, and Sunday at 4 pm) in Centennial West 202 (very limited seating).
In addition to my full-time job as Assistant to the Dean of the College of Fine Arts, I’m planning some end-of-the-year student social events and plan to be conducting a roundtable discussion at SSDP’s Hempfest on April 22.
On Monday and Tuesday, May 11/12 at 7 pm at National Pastime Theater in Chicago, I’m holding auditions for my newest Living Canvas production: “Living Canvas Nocturne,” which will be performing at that theatre in July.
So every now and then, if it seems like I’m neglecting the blog for a couple of days, there’s probably something going on.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- NorCalNative on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Hey dude. Any thoughts on why legalization lost so badly? That 2-to-1 split surprised me.” Mar 8, 13:53
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “And for all of you into that whole heavy metal hiking/camping out in the thick German forests in the mountains…” Feb 28, 09:15
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Dogs should be retrained to help their masters find the kindest of kind bud at dispos. Fingers crossed that another…” Feb 28, 09:09
- Servetus on Guy who wants to be in office has ideas about drugs: “Psilocybin helps people eliminate their addiction to nicotine. 24-FEB-2023…Lead author and University of Cincinnati postdoctoral researcher Neşe Devenot said the…” Feb 24, 19:27
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?