It’s so sad to be in a state where the Democrats have to be both the party in charge and the opposition party at the same time (It was the Democrats who impeached our Democratic governor). Unfortunately, the rules make it very difficult for Libertarians to get on the ballot, and the state Republican party is startlingly pathetic (this is the brain-trust who ran carpet-bagger Alan Keyes against Barack Obama for the Senate after briefly considering Andrea Barthwell).
Illinois Review is a joke and now we learn the brilliance of the Illinois Republican Liberty Caucus.
They tried to attack Radley Balko today. Twice. The First time was because Radley found it odd that they would use the words “child porno” when discussing an attorney who had represented clients like Playboy. Their intelligent attack on Radley was something along the lines of “Oh, yeah? Well child pornography is illegal. So there.”
They they decided that they had him for lying on his bio — he said that he wrote a bi-weekly column for Foxnews.com and they claimed he was lying because they could only find two columns under his name at forbes.com! The RLC took down that post once they realized the extent of their stupidity.
Note: This really has nothing to do with drug policy, but you don’t attack Radley for no reason and get away with it around here.
Update: It gets even more deliciously absurd. In their first attack on Balko, they showed a picture of him, but they hotlinked to it from his site (a completely boneheaded move since they were stealing his bandwidth and he controls what’s on his own site). So he simply switched the image for this one (scroll down), and now the RLC is accusing him of hacking their site! What morons!
OK, I take it back — the Republican Party in Illinois is clueless, but this circus from the Illinois RLC is beyond clueless, and it’s unfair to the Illinois Republican Party for me to link the RLC to them.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?