“bullet” It appears that change.org is moving into its next phase and for their Legalize the Medicinal and Recreational Use of Marijuana idea, that Marijuana Policy Project will be working with them on implementation.
You can contribute suggestions, or comment on them. I find it a bit chaotic — the few really practical suggestions as to how to build a campaign are getting buried by meaningless statements of the “why isn’t the government doing anything” or “Return our Constitutional Rights” nature and a few people are dominating by posting ad nauseam.
“bullet” NORML has been running their third annual Marijuana Law Reform Ad Contest with individuals creating and submitting their own TV ads for $10,000 in prizes.
They’ve narrowed it down to the final 25 ads for you to vote on. Pick your three favorites.
It’s an interesting group. Some were handicapped by the amateurishness of the production values, and others were way too deeply buried in “the culture” to ever reach anyone who didn’t already have a bong in their hand.
But I found it difficult to finally narrow down to three. None were perfect, but 5 or 6 had some real potential.
Check them out and vote.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?