Of course, it’s still too early to know for sure how marijuana may be used to combat Alzheimer’s, but the indications are that it shows much more promise than the current corporate drugs.
Fred Gardner has a nice piece on this topic at CounterPunch, with a recap of the scientific reports on this from Paul Armentano.
One of Gardner’s comments (a suggestion to study the effects of cannabis on Alzheimer’s rage in Oregon) reminded me of one of the most outrageous aspects of the federal government’s war on medical marijuana — their refusal to fund or allow research while claiming that there isn’t enough research to support marijuana’s medical claims. They now have 11 states that could be research laboratories for this very thing, yet they refuse to find out (because they already know the answer — marijuana works). Just like the fact that they refuse to study the patients that they have supplied marijuana to for decades.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?