Maybe I should say I want a new computer. My current laptop is still working, and I hope to get it to limp along until January at least, but it’s missing a couple of keys and is held together with tape. My 12″ Mac Powerbook has been phenomenal — it has been my workhorse for years, going everywhere with me (including Europe). I’ve dropped it, kicked it, done everything to it and it has been continually reliable. But it’s getting old, starting to feel a little slow, and also cannot handle some of the new photography and design software I need to use.
No, I don’t need a high-powered laptop to blog, but I use my one computer for everything I do, which includes blogging, photography, graphic design, and website management.
So I’m looking for some help. Check out the options I’m weighing and consider donating to the Drug WarRant laptop fund. I’m hoping to have enough raised to get a new computer by January or February (and I’ll have both a birthday and Christmas in between for added reasons to donate).
There are a lot of small costs that regularly come up with Drug WarRant (including server fees, domain fees, and research costs, etc.), but I’ve never been interested in doing much fundraising (and I don’t have any advertising revenue). I don’t do this for compensation (I have a day job that I love as well), but I could use help with a major purchase like the laptop.
Don’t feel obligated — if you can’t afford to donate, please don’t. If you think your donations could be better used to help a drug policy reform candidate or an established drug policy reform organization, please do so. But if you’ve got $5 or $50 or $500 sitting around with no plans…
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?