“bullet” Via TalkLeft and NORML — a bad drugged driving bill passes in Ohio that will punish sober drivers who smoked pot weeks ago.
“bullet” An interesting interview with Marijuana Policy Project’s Rob Kampia at the Drug War Chronicle. [thanks, Scott]
“bullet” Drug Policy Alliance has a brief report on Mark Souder’s anti-harm-reduction hearing on Wednesday. Sounds like the drug policy reformers may have held their own. I’m looking for a transcript and hope to report further on this. Apparently Souder chose to lay into Ricardo Cortes’ children’s book “It’s Only a Plant.”
“bullet” In related news, there will be a reading and discussion of “It’s Only a Plant” at Columbia University in New York City on February 22 at 8 pm (Free, bring photo ID to enter campus). Jerome Greene Hall, Room 104. Columbia University Law School. 116th St. & Amsterdam Ave.
“bullet” Loretta Nall’s been very active recently, including talking to children who have been targeted in drug raids.
“bullet” “My head doesn’t feel noisy” At Alternet Drug Reporter: Journeys with Jeffrey.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?