- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Monthly Archives: October 2003
An excellent article in the American Prospect: “Drugstore Cowboys – How America’s wrongheaded war on drugs brought down Bolivia’s president” by Christopher Hayes …imagine, for a moment, how Paris would have reacted if, during Prohibition, Calvin Coolidge had begun paying … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Drugstore Cowboys
La Anti Droga
Wednesday release from the Drug Czar’s office: White House Drug Czar, Surgeon General, and Partner Organizations to Address Drug Use Among Hispanic Youth “Marijuana use is a serious problem for all young people, but we are particularly concerned about the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on La Anti Droga
Winning the War on Drugs
I realized today that I missed something from the government’s most recent National Survey on Drug Use and Health from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Of course, they distributed the results they wanted known widely through … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Winning the War on Drugs
Help reduce the number of those !#^$%#* TV Commercials!
In my in-box today from the Drug Policy Alliance: If you could slash the amount of your tax money being spent on absurd TV ads comparing marijuana smokers to terrorists, would you act right now? Is the pope catholic? Does … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Help reduce the number of those !#^$%#* TV Commercials!
You look nervous…
Again, via TalkLeft (as always on top of everything and incredibly prolific), the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that nervousness alone cannot support a vehicle search when police stop the car for a traffic violation. The court invalidated … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on You look nervous…
Via TalkLeft and NORML: Pot Smokers Arrested In America At A Rate Of One Every 45 Seconds Washington, DC: Police arrested an estimated 697,082 persons for marijuana violations in 2002, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s annual Uniform Crime … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Sigh…
What are they smoking?
Via Vice Squad, this article by Deroy Murdock at NRO All seriousness aside, as funnyman Steve Allen often said, federal drug warriors keep embarrassing themselves by enforcing pointless, oppressive policies that merely ignite tax dollars as if with a Zippo … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on What are they smoking?
Drug WarRant Merchandise now available!
I decided to open up a store at CafeShops with Drug WarRant T-shirts, mugs, underwear, and more. Here’s a few of the designs available on Drug WarRant products: A tribute to the pharmaceutical industry. My own response to the Drug … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Drug WarRant Merchandise now available!
Odds and Ends
Welcome to the folks from Matthew’s Are You Outraged? blog. It’s always great when another blogger opposed to the drug war stops by. You can get a feel for his posts by checking out The evil of Ashcroft and the … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on Odds and Ends
U.S.A. Track and Field runs the wrong direction…
In USATF announces “Zero Tolerance” anti-doping plan, the organization is looking to step up efforts to stop athlete cheating and the use of performance enhancing drugs. But… … they’ve proposed a summit of major U.S. sports leagues be hosted by … Continue reading
Posted in Uncategorized Comments Off on U.S.A. Track and Field runs the wrong direction…