For those who haven’t seen it yet, this is quite a wonderful thing to see in Congress.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Hey Peeps. Got myself in a bit of a jam. If I’m not elected Preznut I’m probably gonna spend the…” Jun 6, 18:16
- Son of Sam Walton on He’s back: “And the rats operated way cheaper and more efficiently than the DEA.” Jun 6, 08:15
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Wonderful! and also why he will never be on “Meet the Press.”
don’t know why the thumbs down on that… the Sunday morning news talk shows never discuss the drug war. I tell ya… where’s a real conservative when ya need one?
Since you asked, the thumbs down was because I get sick and tired of the people who think that things can never change. Wallow in misery if you will but don’t expect me to share in it.
Wallow in misery if you will…
Wallows are for buffalo… and I have no expectations of or for you. As for misery… I always thought it was a state in the midwest.
I took the statement as one of fact, not future prediction. And no, I didn’t ask.
WILL you guys pipe down? And stop throwing Cheeto’s at each other. Pete hates it when they get stepped on and ground into the rug. Jeez….
I didn’t ask, but thanks for filling in the blanks Duncan! As a peace offering I’ll split one of my stashed TwinkiesÂ® with you.
While you guys argue, youâ€™ve just lost the chance to ask Rep Cohen to go to next year’s senior prom. . . heâ€™s mine.
That’s a good C-Span video. If little Holder doesn’t stop all his shenanigans -he’ll get no pie and be sent to his room without dinner. One day, American history will vilify AG Holder and scold his decisions and actions the way we scold Custard (the General, not the tasty treat), the Trail of Tears, J. Hoover, Wounded Knee and southern slave owners . . . and the Dukes of Hazard Movie.
Actually, if any of the media have any sense they will put him on, because it is interesting and different, (although their ‘sponsors’ would undoubtedly not approve).
Damn, wouldn’t it be great if all those drug ads disappeared from the tube suddenly!
Too bad Holder never responded, (time ran out), although what could he say to that, â€˜Sure, Iâ€™ll end prohibition.â€™
When I watch this kind of thing, I get the depressing feeling that many of these guys really do think they are doing the best they can, even while supplying favors to their job creating corporate sponsors, oops, advisors.
But ultimately isn’t this all the result of Nixon and laws that now need to be changed? Does Holder really have the authority to not enforce these laws, as Cohen is suggesting? (Without possibly subjecting himself to the equivalent of impeachment?) I’m asking.
I guess there really are not enough hours in their day to deal with all that needs to be dealt with, but surely this (prohibition, forfeiture, etc.) seems like such a basic set of rights that are being trampled, that the correction of same should rise to the top of the pile and get dealt with. Just saying . . .
(this is the link for the whole days testimony, excerpt above is around 1:49:18)
Don, unless things have changed when I wasn’t looking there’s plenty of other crime to keep the DoJ busy. Unless the choice to not enforce a particular law would results in law enforcement people sitting around and twiddling their thumbs, it most certainly is expected that they’ll have discretion to prioritize and do as much as they can. This discretion is very much needed, but there is such a thing as abuse of discretion.
He could boycott his position on the drug war and give it a thorough apology as to why he decided to do it . . . the public may love him for it and demand nothing like losing his job will happen. Thoreau went to jail by not paying his taxes because of the Massachusetts link to slavery. We need to encourage people to apply for these types of positions who will boycott these un-Constitutional aspects of law enforcement/politics. The people love a moral rebel.
I’m sad that we didn’t get to watch Mr. Holders reaction.
I apologize, I’ve been informed that the video was not of Mr. Holder being body slammed by the opinion of the general public, but that of a deer being hit by a city bus. Surely you can understand my confusion. Who the heck would expect that a deer would be uninjured after being hit head on by a city bus?
Cohen for President 2016
I’m total agree witch you guys.