Sorry for the recent lack of posts! It’s been a real whirlwind.
A 750-mile drive to Rochester on Thursday, then dry tech and set up the stage on Friday. The cast arrives late afternoon, and we re-block the show to fit the new stage and make several adjustments to the order before performance at 10 pm. Three more shows on Saturday, and then we drive back on Sunday. Great fun and a very successful trip with wonderful audiences.
Rear lug stud broke off on the trip back, but fortunately the wheel stayed on. Getting that fixed tomorrow.
Anyway, I’m back and looking forward to getting back up to speed on what’s going on in the drug war.
Some major action over at Huff Post tomorrow. A series of live web chats as a Shadow Convention. I believe most of these are in the noon to 4 pm Eastern time range.
- Shadow Conventions 2012: The Drug War
- What Happened to the War on Drugs? with Mark Kleiman.
- Politics of the War on Drugs
- Too Many Non-Violent Offenders in U.S. Jails
- Opportunities Lost – people whose lives have been derailed by the war on drugs.
- Skin Color Matters – racial disparity in the war on drugs
- The New Jim Crow
- Warzone U.S.A. – The Militarization of American Police
We need a drug dog so we can seize more property and raise more money – a town that’s very up-front about their need to steal from citizens.