One in five young people…
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
I’ve been very concerned about your theater habit Pete. Honestly*, just yesterday I was considering calling on my couch fellows to consider staging a dramatic act of intervention! You travel to other faraway cities in order to get your fix! You seem to spend all your time thinking about acting, stage design, stage left this, stage right that, I mean, heavens to Murgatroyd Pete, you’re so hooked that you indoctrinate innocent youth into the seamy, sinful world of fantasy land! C’mon Pete, what about the children? Do we really want our innocent children growing up believing that all the world’s a stage, that we are merely players, performers, and portrayers? Do you know how many actors end up unemployed, on welfare, living on skid row, lives totally destroyed? Well neither do I, but I say even one is too many.
(*Just another instance of that confounding synchronicity in my life. C’mon, one day I think about posting the above, decide it’s just too stupid and discard the idea, and the very next day you post the above, forcing my hand? What the heck is up with that??)
Well, the prohibitionists have been at work to save society from theater before. For 20 years in the 17th century the theaters in London were closed to preserve the morals of the people. Handel had to disguise his operatic theater as religious music to get around this, hence The Messiah.
Soon there will be street gangs dealing in theatre, and violence will follow:
I didn’t realize that there were gay gangs before. Then again the scariest guy I’ve ever met wasn’t just gay, he was Liberace gay. You just didn’t want to get into a fight with that guy. Well unless you thought you might enjoy getting your ass kicked.
Now these are tough guys, no doubt:
Have a nice day! 🙂
Oh, I’m going to find the Dude-in-drag-thug-asskicking video. I can watch that over and over and over….
Dead Poets Society, anyone?
But think of the money. Once the DEA bans theatre, ticket demand and admission prices will skyrocket.
When you consider what criminals will cut theater with,,adding to the dangers and stigma already surrounding theater,it will triple the attendance,exposing even more of our children to this evil disease of expanding peoples imagination.
OMG. I knew flash mobs were being cooked up in basements, trailers, and mobile mob labs.
you’ll get the Kardashians? All cutting agent and no substance?
Friends don’t let friends do theatre….?