Upgraded WordPress and the theme tonight. May have been a few glitches. Let me know if anything isn’t working right. Thanks!
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Researchers in Indianapolis have altered the molecular structure of CBD to produce more effective antidotes for opioid overdoses than the…” Mar 28, 15:19
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Yeah, too bad about Mechoulam. I haven’t taken DMT either. As I recall, the drug was introduced to the market…” Mar 28, 15:01
- Son of Sam Walton on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: ““Momma’s Lemon Pound Cake–It tastes so nice . . . It made the Sheriff want to put down his gun…” Mar 28, 07:43
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Pete,,saw a story on CNN,,it seems our public workers retirement(law enforcement mainly)is going default,,4 trillion dollars we,the tax payers owe for union backed retirement plans,,I hope all the former DEA and ONDCP cops are losing their retirement pensions.
Of course the reason we can’t pay those pensions is the Bank Bailouts and unfunded wars. Isn’t it odd that it was just revealed that we (well, the FED) gave a 4 trillion dollar SECRET bailout to it’s own board members? WHAT a fantastic coincidence! Not that I’d ever suggest that money is fungible…or anything wild and crazy like that.
Well, they’re going after the pensions of the folks they are going to be counting on to control the riots when this shit comes apart. That is something I just can’t get too upset about.
Pot-farming SC trooper gets 5 years in prison
Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/06/19/4055530/pot-farming-sc-trooper-gets-5.html#storylink=cpy
CHARLESTON â€” Former S.C. Highway Patrol trooper Kurt Steffen had dreams of being a farmer while he worked as a state trooper.
But not just any kind of farmer â€” a marijuana farmer.
His dreams were dashed Monday when a federal judge sentenced him to five years in federal prison for manufacturing and possessing with intent to distribute more than 100 marijuana plants.
Tut-tut,,,now he is a statistic instead of creating them.
http://gothamist.com/2012/06/19/republicans_kill_marijuana_bill_for.php There is another bill about reform from assemblyman Hakkim Jeffries, don’t know how that would fare any better…
In other crappy news, Rahm Emanuel is walking back his decrim proposal:
â€œItâ€™s not decriminalization. Itâ€™s dealing with it in a different way. Different penalty. Very differentâ€ than decriminalization, the mayor said of the hot-button ordinance that will be considered by a City Council committee Thursday.
â€œI want to make sure our children get a clear and unambiguous message as it relates to drug use. It is wrong, and it is dangerous.â€
“Sinds de invoering van de wietpas op 1 mei is niet alleen de illegale straathandel in Venray toegenomen. Ook de drugshandel vanuit huizen is sindsdien fors gestegen.”
Since the introduction of the weedpass, May 1st, Venray is not only experiencing an increase in street-deals but also drug dealing from private homes is seeing massing growth.
Washington’s legalization initiative holds slight lead:
Isn’t that several points below where winning initiatives usually are at this point?
Generally, yes. But if I may appropriate (and misquote) a Monty Pythonism, “It’s not dead yet..” and “I don’t want to go on the cart!”
Google search sends pot reform fears up in smoke