Police and FBI agents arrested a drug suspect in Alameda on Wednesday, but not before mistakenly trying to raid a home across the street belonging to a network TV reporter and her political consultant husband.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- NorCalNative on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “Hey dude. Any thoughts on why legalization lost so badly? That 2-to-1 split surprised me.” Mar 8, 13:53
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Ha ha ha. Well, looks like poor planning of the most effective sort! First Che Calvo, now this. Boy, you’d think they’d learn.
I mean it’s a MINIMUM of investigation to ascertain if your subject is actually IN the residence in question.
I guess the days where the police actually INVESTIGATE are long gone. I Think back to Stacy Keach in the Laundry van:
“Shoot the Moon! Shoot the Moon!”
Here it is with Spanish Subtitles:
Have you seen Sons of Anarchy? Stacy Keach plays an old biker, wears an oxygen feeder, he’s pretty good in this show, even tho he doesn’t get many scenes and it’s the complete opposite of his role in those C&C movies. The Sons just got involved in cocaine trafficking in the most recent episode and his character was livid, he was fine with trafficking in guns and killing the competition, but outraged at trafficking in drugs. Tho smoking the weed is prominent in the show, apparently cocaine is frowned upon.
Heeeyyyy! I hadn’t watched that one yet!!!
Sorry, but it really isn’t a spoiler, as you will see when you do watch it.
Don’t watch SoA, that show gives bikers a bad name. I belong to a Club, it was the topic of much discussion. As a Motorcycle Club, the Classic MC Club of Wa. actually wrote the producers a letter expressing our displeasure at the way Clubs are portrayed. So….
Say, have you ever seen the Cycle Sluts from Hell in concert? Here they are playing “By the Balls”:
See if you can last even 60 seconds before clicking it off. Yes, it’s that bad. Venus Penis Crusher really makes my particulars run and hide, even worse than a swim in a cold swimming pool.
Well there’s a reason for that. Some things are better left buried and forgotten.
Darkcycle: I think it’s more of a depiction of a biker gang rather than an MC. I’ve known 1%ers and regular MC members and although I enjoy the show I realize how much of a fiction it really is.
I always think it amusing when people scoff that today’s not your grandfather’s merrywanna hasn’t been genetically engineered to be highly addictive with potencies several hundred up to several thousands of times that of the placebos that the hippies were smoking in the 1960s. For crying out loud we’ve got video of the mad scientists in their laboratories developing this new, never before seen merrywanna. From time to time I wonder why never hear about all the potheads that devolve into lizards from smoking this product of pure evil. You’d think the ONDCP would have latched onto this hazard of modern merrywanna with a death grip. Stedenko would most certainly warn the pot addicts about their certain fate if he could still speak or write. Unfortunately, he’s now an iguana and eats house flies because he smoked genetically modified merry wanna.
Is it really worth the risk? Like (no fooling) Donny Osmond accompanied by Dweezil Zappa sang,
Wrong-door raids on prominent people (ie Cheye Calvo) are the only way America will realize that the police are truly evil and do not serve anyone but themselves.
Luckily no one was hurt or killed when the rough n’ tough drug warriors came busting in. Note to tough guy drug warriors the military recruiting offices are open.
They’re damn lucky they didn’t perform a no-knock raid and kill a gentle dog or two.
Windy,,,a lot of the less than 1%er clubs actually have rules against dealing chemicals,,,too much heat.
The one I belonged to would kick you out for using a needle.
The 1% don’t operate like the show either. That entire bunch would’ve been RICO’d in a day if they operated like that. Club business is MOTORCYCLE (club) business. The individual members, their “personal” business is their own deal and only concerns those directly involved. There is NO top down leadership in the criminal enterprises of the 1%er’s. All those operations are “stovepiped” because of RICO. Only generalities are addressed by the Club higher ups. With MANY, MANY unspoken rules.
The Bandidos used to be the source of most of the meth in our country, but the local members have been rendered inert and toothless by the (lifetime, IIRC) conditions of their parole and the local LEAs keep a close eye on them.
The bunch in Seattle is growing into an army though, and they are stretching their influence up through the Sno. Vally now. Their Prez isn’t your garden variety biker either, he’s wayyy smart, multiple college degrees smart, and very ambitious. Not in a good way.
Don’t those people have GPS? Wait, I’ll bet they probably do, they just haven’t been able to figure out how the darn things work.
Motorcycle clubs are a bigger component of west coast criminality than they are east coast. West of Las Vegas and North of Los Angeles, the mafia doesn’t figure prominently, and the bikers take their place, running much of the strip-prostitution-protection stuff in their absence. Rackets are universal, and there’s someone runnin’ ’em no matter where you are.
I did mean “Donâ€™t those [idiot cops] have GPS?”
You can believe me when I say I understand the machinization of black market economic theory. Most people don’t understand that which is why the think “closing the border” could possibly make a significant dent in the recreational drug trade*, that the death penalty/draconian prison terms would diminish that trade, or that eliminating the existence of drugs on the naughty list would result in anything other than a significant increase in the number of people who use too much drinking alcohol and/or get high from inhaling gasoline fumes. They don’t seem to be aware of the existence of tunnels or $2 million submarines built from chicken wire and duct tap in the jungle. The black market always takes the path of least resistance. Putting a bolder on that path may eliminate that route to supply rising to meet demand, but there’s still going to be a path of least resistance.
(*and wetbacks who don’t register at the front desk)