When the Drug Czar said that “legalization” wasn’t in his vocabulary or the President’s vocabulary, there was a movement to send dictionaries to the White House. The DEA needs some as well…
this action makes possessing and selling these chemicals or the products that contain them illegal in the United States
And that’s “control and regulation”? Just like all the other drugs that the federal government “controls and regulates”?
Let’s look at some definitions:
conÂ·trol – verb \kÉ™n-ËˆtrÅl\
- : archaic : to check, test, or verify by evidence or experiments
- : to incorporate suitable controls in (a controlled experiment)
- : to exercise restraining or directing influence over : regulate
- : to have power over : rule
- : to reduce the incidence or severity of especially to innocuous levels
(control a disease)
: to incorporate controls in an experiment or study â€”used with for (control for socioeconomic differences)
Examples of CONTROL
- The parents could not control their child.
- The police controlled the crowd.
- The small boy could not control the big dog.
- Her family controls the business.
- One country controls the whole island.
- The rebel army now controls nearly half the country.
- The lights on stage are controlled by this computer.
- She struggled to control the cart as it rolled before her down the steep, bumpy road.
- He controlled the volume by turning the radio’s knob.
- A thermostat controls the room’s temperature.
regÂ·uÂ·late – verb \Ëˆre-gyÉ™-ËŒlÄt also ËˆrÄ-\
- : to govern or direct according to rule
: to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
- : to make regulations for or concerning
: to bring order, method, or uniformity to (regulate one’s habits) : to fix or adjust the time, amount, degree, or rate of (regulate the pressure of a tire)
Examples of REGULATE
- The dam regulates the flow of water into the river.
- We need better laws to regulate the content of the Internet.
- Laws have been made to regulate working conditions.
- The government regulates how much lead may be found in our water supply.
- The department regulates foreign trade.
Recognize anything in those definitions that even remotely resembles the disaster that we are experiencing and which the DEA is enforcing?
The DEA isn’t in the business of regulating or controlling drugs, and it bothers them greatly when we remind them of that fact. Criminalization leads to the absence of control.
What the DEA has done is merely outlawed things and used that arbitrary distinction to declare war on Americans (and others).
outlaw – verb
- : to deprive of the benefit and protection of law : declare to be an outlaw
- : to make illegal
- : to place under a ban or restriction
- : to remove from legal jurisdiction or enforcement
Outlawing is not controlling or regulating.