The Tri-City Times has published several letters responding to the Illegal drugs means danger OpEd that we discussed.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “This study suggests I’ve been using CBD wrong by pairing it with Kratom. If true, this would result in less…” Mar 29, 11:27
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Researchers in Indianapolis have altered the molecular structure of CBD to produce more effective antidotes for opioid overdoses than the…” Mar 28, 15:19
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Yeah, too bad about Mechoulam. I haven’t taken DMT either. As I recall, the drug was introduced to the market…” Mar 28, 15:01
- Son of Sam Walton on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: ““Momma’s Lemon Pound Cake–It tastes so nice . . . It made the Sheriff want to put down his gun…” Mar 28, 07:43
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Good job guys!
Good letter, Pete! That guy certainly did have a “pulp fiction” style, for sure.
Ditto on the props and kudos. That’s the way to do it! Those letters are hammer beats on the wall of Prohibition…
A lot of those letters don’t have anything to do with the article. Wonder why they were included?
Ezrydn, That paper just comes out once a week, and they appear to just show all the letters to the editor as an archived batch going back ages, with the most recent ones at the top.
Nice guys. More hits on that wall.
For future reference when these get buried:
Make cannabis legal
Columnist misses the point on illegal drugs
Mine: Black market leads to most drug violence
Pete’s Itâ€™s prohibition of marijuana that attracts criminal element
I still wonder how much do they really “NOT” know? Ganja/Hemp heroin, whatever is in the world of physics, and either is or it isn’t (whatever). So we know it is (whatever), because of numerous test over thousands of years making the claim. The Entheogen worriers spout stuff as diversions, and threats as if they know there is no debate if reality sets in. So basically they are sneaky liars or stupid, and both are NOT where are taxes should be spent. Let alone letting them have loaded fire arms. I also think most reefer worriers can deal with reality, but some fear or misguided allegiance keeps them from risking their job or position. I also think when they do start acting American, its a nice thing.
CO: DA Dismisses Charges Against MMJ Patient
A Law Enforcement View on Marijuana (excerpt)
“All told, I have more than 31 years active duty as a police officer and have held a commission for over 44 years. In my many years as a police officer, I never saw anyone hurt or killed from the use of marijuana. The only thing ever destroyed was an expedient bag of potato chips. In my experience, the greatest behavioral threat from an adult using marijuana is that the user fall asleep.”
Time to Decriminalise Drugs 15 Oct 2009
Australia: OPED: Stamper, Norm The Courier-Mail