Via Allen St. Pierre at NORML…
Yep, a newly formed Drug Task Force has been established in the House of Representatives to fight back against the Obama administration which “seeks to shut the war on drugs down.”
Wait. What was that again? The Obama administration is shutting down the drug war? In whose fantasy?
Well, I guess, it’s true in this group’s fantasy, led by Rep. John Mica (R-Fla). They are going to see to it that we keep the war going strong. The other members of the task force are Reps. Dan Burton and Mark Souder, R-Ind.; Darrell Issa, R-Calif; Jim Jordan, R-Ohio; Aaron Schock, R-Ill.; and Michael Turner, R-Ohio. Wow, an entire eight out of the 435 Representatives!
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?