- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Monthly Archives: October 2008
Happy Halloween! “bullet” Flex Your Rights and others have been protesting in Washington DC about the new random bag searches in public transportation. Their efforts (which are really about informing citizens of their rights) have been getting some good press. … Continue reading
The Drug Czar goes to Michigan to speak out against medical marijuana. Watch at your own risk (I only made it to the one minute mark).
There’s an interesting article in the Irish Examiner about a speech by Father Peter McVerry at an Addiction Training Institute conference. The Jesuit priest, who has worked with homeless young people for 30 years, said he had seen the “devastation” … Continue reading
The dreaded “403 Forbidden” screen has been rearing its ugly head again sometimes when people attempt to leave comments. Please know that this has nothing to do with you. You are not forbidden! There’s a somewhat clunky commenting software that … Continue reading
There are a lot of reasons for ordinary people to not get drug policy reform, particularly if they haven’t spent much time thinking about it or studying it. But there’s a point… You listen to a prohibitionist who spends a … Continue reading
And the winner, in a knockout… There’s no point in me excerpting this one. Transform’s got the whole thing. Go read it. It made my day.
“bullet” Via Radley Balko comes a letter from Kent Corbett – a Milwauke police detective and former SWAT officer – who defends the actions of police in the horrible raid on Mayor Cheye Calvo and his family (where the dogs … Continue reading
“I think it’s unconscionable that the medical use of marijuana is not legal. … We can do better” Yes on Proposal 1.
Via TalkLeft, John McCain writes in the National Law Journal: Terrorists are not the only threat to public safety. Lax enforcement policies, judges who legislate from the bench and lack of support for law enforcement personnel all continue to force … Continue reading