In regulated markets, disputes are handled by lawyers. In the black market, disputes are handled by guns. I have no love for lawyers, but I’d rather get hit by a stray brief than a stray bullet.
The entire philosophy behind SWAT-style drug raids is that the death of a mother, a child, or the family pet is an acceptable risk to prevent flushing.
As anyone who has tried to quit smoking knows, dependence is hardest to overcome during difficult or stressful times. That must be why, when the government helps drug abusers quit, they arrest them and take away their job, possessions, and children.
If I wanted to win the hearts and minds of farmers in Latin America and Afghanistan, I probably wouldn’t start by destroying their fields and removing their only hope of feeding their families.
Those massive drug seizures you read about in the paper affect traffickers much the same way a DVD shoplifter affects WalMart — an annoyance, but part of the normal cost of doing business.
No government in the world can compete with the black market in financial compensation for police officers.
When a government uses military personnel, equipment, and tactics against its own citizens, is it time to call it a Civil War rather than a Drug War?
The government is good at job creation. Every arrest of a drug dealer creates a new high-paying job opening.
If you want to bring a community together, hold a pot-luck dinner. If you want to drive it apart, hold a drug war.
Americans are generally pretty brave… although some are apparently terrified of people who listen to Pink Floyd and eat Cheetos.
Even the characters played by Tommy Chong make more sense than most politicians.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Researchers in Indianapolis have altered the molecular structure of CBD to produce more effective antidotes for opioid overdoses than the…” Mar 28, 15:19
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Yeah, too bad about Mechoulam. I haven’t taken DMT either. As I recall, the drug was introduced to the market…” Mar 28, 15:01
- Son of Sam Walton on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: ““Momma’s Lemon Pound Cake–It tastes so nice . . . It made the Sheriff want to put down his gun…” Mar 28, 07:43
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?