Between work and rehearsals every evening, I haven’t had as much time to devote to Drug WarRant this week as I’d like.
But on a personal note, I’m having a blast as musical director and keyboard player for what will be a fantastic production of “The Who’s Tommy” by Pete Townshend. We’re doing it as a cross between a rock concert and a musical, with the band on stage and featured on a raised platform that sometimes moves downstage to the audience and with trusses of rock concert lighting. The band I’m leading is fabulous — two guitars, bass, drums, two keyboards, and french horn — a bunch of incredibly hard-working and talented young people, who really get the music.
If you’re in the area (Bloomington-Normal, Illinois), check it out. October 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13 at 7:30 p.m.; October 7 & 14 at 2:00 p.m. Tickets available at TicketMaster.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?