I’m a bit busy right now with photography (doing 75 actor head shot sessions and two theatre production photography shoots in three days), so talk amongst yourselves. Here are a couple of things to check out.
“bullet” Daksya notes what could possibly be the biggest advance related to opiates in the last 30-40 years. It involves a technique that can retain all the pain-relieving and euphoric properties of opioid-based drugs, while eliminating the negative tolerance and withdrawal effects.
“bullet” With Beheadings and Attacks, Drug Gangs Terrorize Mexico and Graft takes root along border. Two articles take a look at the problems related to our neighbor to the south (thanks to a couple of readers). The corruption and violence cannot be solved as long as the drug war is there to make criminal trafficking so profitable. Reader Lee suggests: “End the drug war, secure our borders” as a possible slogan.
“bullet” Radley has another drug raid gone… right? A case that doesn’t involve a wrong address sometimes shows even more clearly how bad the policies are regarding SWAT-style raids. In this case, cops broke in with guns and a concussion grenade, caused $5,000 worth of damage and killed a golden lab named Shadow. And they found two joints.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?