A couple of readers have pointed out articles with connections to the drug war that you might find interesting.
“bullet” Who Rules the Medicine Cabinet discusses a potential class action suit in Canada to prevent schools from intimidating parents into making their children take drugs — provoked by the case of the 12 year old boy suspended from school when his mother refused to give him Ritalin.
“bullet” Of ‘generational wars’ old and new is a mixed bag in terms of structure, but there’s some fascinating (and scary) material regarding the use of drug war asset seizure money and homeland security grants to fund an increasingly comprehensive network of surveillance on American citizens. (I remember when “1984” was in the future.)
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?