Two different stories. In both cases, it’s about the drug bust, not about people and police working together.
“bullet” Libby at Last One Speaks: Not Fit for Man Nor Beast
“bullet” Melissa at D’Alliance: Mother arrested for almost bringing heroin to her son at school
I’m a little less certain of the second one (need more facts), but what it appears we have here are two situations where people have learned the lesson that cooperating with the police is a bad idea while this drug war is going on.
And this kind of thing happens every day (well, maybe not specifically — these are both pretty strange stories — but at least in principle).
The thing is, I have a great admiration for police, and know some pretty good ones. The problem is that the drug war itself creates a cyclical adversarial situation where the people they are there to serve and protect are losing, or have lost, their motivation to provide cooperation and assistance.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?