Loretta Nall (of the US Marijuana Party) has written to say that she’s in Washington DC to organize a vigil to protest the death of Jonathan Magbie.
The vigil will start at 2 pm and go until 5 pm today, and then 9 am to 5 pm Wednesday through Friday and possibly into next week. She is looking for people to join her at Carl Moultrie Jr. Courthouse, which is entered at roughly 6th and Indiana Ave. NW, (at D Street) a block from the Judiciary Square Metro station on the red line.
She also notes that Marc Emery has pledged $500 bail/attorney fee money to any American who makes the trip to DC and is arrested for protesting. [Note: Drug WarRant does not endorse or recommend illegal activity.]
If you plan to go to DC and would like Loretta’s phone number to contact her when you get there, let me know.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?