This piece was astonishing – a factual investigative report on ecstasy that shows how the government has been its own worst enemy. It showed all the good things about ecstasy and all the stuff we don’t know (including potential dangers) and for which need more studies. It slammed the bad science involved, and also slammed the government for squandering all credibility by lying and exaggerating the problems.
A couple of startling moments where the program showed dramatically how making the drug illegal caused most of the problems that exist.
It you missed it, you can purchase a video of the program for $29.95 at the ABC store.
I think I may get a copy just to have in my library.
Update: Chris puts it best: “This is the strongest major-network condemnation of federal drug policy that I’ve ever seen.”
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?