I’m leaving now for a full week. I’m taking 23 theatre students to New York City for a week of Broadway, off-Broadway and dance productions, plus walking tours all over the city and opportunities to meet graduate school program directors. As always, it’ll be great to be back in the NYC for great food and sights and favorite moments like sitting by “Imagine” in Strawberry Fields, 2 hot dogs and Papaya Recession Special, walking across the Brooklyn Bridge at night, WoHop in Chinatown and more.
I don’t think there will be wireless access in my hotel, but I’m sure I’ll find locations and I’ll be able to check my email, but I’m not sure how much (if any) posting I’ll be doing — even if I have easy access — my thoughts will be focused on enjoying (and helping 23 others enjoy) the city.
Here’s a couple of things coming up to watch for:
What Would God Smoke – A live audio chat on Wednesday, March 10 at 3 pm Eastern with Ethan Nadelmann and renowned thinker, writer and spiritual pioneer Ram Dass.
Dennis Kucinich appearance – For those in my local area, Drug WarRant endorsed Democratic candidate Dennis Kucinich will be at Illinois State University on Sunday, March 14 at 8 pm. I’m still supporting Dennis for the nomination because of the hope that he will bring drug policy reform to the Democratic convention and/or platform. If you’re in the area, stop by.
Sites to visit – As always, check out some of the links on the left while I’m gone. Particularly LastOneSpeaks, and TalkLeft. Hit and Run often has some good stuff and you can always get good information at MAP, Cannabis News, Drug Policy Alliance and others there.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?