Had a great time in Chicago, but now I’m back, and it turns out the drug war didn’t end while I was gone. Oh, well.
TalkLeft talks of states’ rights and the federal government’s harrassment of medical marijuana in Oregon..
Last One Speaks talks about the untimely demise of Narco News Bulletin.
We continue to be well protected from fake cocaine.
Family Watches Tapes Of Trooper Killing Man It’s an uncomfortable read, but you should read it anyway. I don’t know for sure what transpired here, but I do know one thing: If it wasn’t for prohibition or prohibition law enforcement tactics, nobody would have died.
Am I being too optimistic?
Governor-elect Schwarzenegger has indicated that he is strongly in favor of medical marijuana (although opposed to legalization – see picture). President Bush has offered full support to California’s new leader, and the Governator has promised to cash in on that promise for the state.
I would really like to see Arnold face down the feds on medical marijuana, and demand that the DEA stop interfering with California’s medical marijuana laws. Given Arnold’s current popularity, his status as the newest Republican leader, and the President’s current shaky numbers, it could be a fabulous scene. How could the administration say no to him? And if he succeeded, he could be a hero to Californians for standing up for them.
It’s more likely that the feds will quietly ease up on medical marijuana harrassment for awhile, and Arnold will pay lip service to his support of medical marijuana, while using his political capital to push for a taxpayer-funded bailout. But I can dream, can’t I?
Am I being too optimistic? Part 2
Rush has admitted to illegal use of drugs and addiction. He has checked himself in for treatment and is under investigation. Once he finishes rehab and any criminal repercussions, I’d really like to see him come out publicly in favor of treatment over incarceration for all drug addicts. I’ll wait.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “This study suggests I’ve been using CBD wrong by pairing it with Kratom. If true, this would result in less…” Mar 29, 11:27
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Researchers in Indianapolis have altered the molecular structure of CBD to produce more effective antidotes for opioid overdoses than the…” Mar 28, 15:19
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Yeah, too bad about Mechoulam. I haven’t taken DMT either. As I recall, the drug was introduced to the market…” Mar 28, 15:01
- Son of Sam Walton on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: ““Momma’s Lemon Pound Cake–It tastes so nice . . . It made the Sheriff want to put down his gun…” Mar 28, 07:43
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?