Tonight was the first meeting this year of M.A.S.H. (Mobilizing Students and Activists for Hemp), a student group at Illinois State University (I am their advisor).
Organizations like this are extremely important for spreading the word about the travesties in the war on (some) drugs, and it looks like we’ve got a good group this year. If you’re in the area and want to get involved, let me know and I’ll get you connected with the officers (the group’s a bit web-impaired right now, although we hope that will change).
So I’d like to welcome all the members of M.A.S.H. to Drug WarRant. Good to have you here. Add a comment or drop me a line. A few things you might be interested in checking out:
- The economic report I prepared last year with the help of M.A.S.H. is available here.
- The July action in Congress regarding medical marijuana is reported here.
- The hemp bars we had tonight at the meeting were from Ruth’s Hemp Foods.
- The information I mentioned about marijuana being legal for private possession in the home in Alaska is available here.
- For an great national organization for student activists in the war on drugs, check out Students for a Sensible Drug Policy.
- Some excellent reference material on Cannabis is available at Vaults of Erowid.
- For historical background on Hemp, there are a ton of interesting articles at The Schaffer Library of Drug Policy