Hard to think about the year being over soon, but we are starting to see year-in-review pieces.
Phillip Smith has one at Alternet: The People Are Rising Up Against the Destructive Drug War: 8 Key Developments
The items he notes are:
1. The sky hasn’t fallen on legal marijuana states.
2. The marijuana majority solidifies.
3. Monopoly marijuana is rejected in the Heartland.
4. Black Lives Matter’s policing critique implicates the drug war.
5. Overdoses kill tens of thousands, harm reduction responses emerge.
6. Asset forfeiture reform picks up steam.
7. Six thousand federal drug war prisoners come home.
8. Canada elects a marijuana-legalizing prime minister.