- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
Monthly Archives: January 2013
While I’ve always been a fan of libraries, I never spent much time in them, as I tended to like owning books and had computer access at home. Yet for much of the population, libraries are an incredibly important source … Continue reading
Kevin Sabet, Patrick Kennedy and Project SAM have been trying to convince the public that there’s a false dichotomy pitting the “simplistic” options of incarceration vs. legalization, when, in fact, there should be some kind of moderate third way between … Continue reading
Krysten Gwynne in Rolling Stone: Meet the drug warriors working to roll back hard-won advances in marijuana policy. Kevin Sabet Mel and Betty Sembler Michele Leonhart Gil Kerlikowske David Frum Kevin is going to be insufferably gleeful over this.
Mark Kleiman is 100% correct.
Programming note: Eugene Jarecki’s documentary about over-incarceration in the United States and the drug war is the video of the week on iTunes and so is available this week only for a 99 cent rental. The House I Live In … Continue reading
Glenn Greenwald continues to be one of the most important political writers we have, shining a glaring light on the corruption, abuses, and overreach of government. Today he talks about the Aaron Swartz case, but even more importantly, the overall … Continue reading
Ricardo CortÃ©s discusses The condemned coca leaf and the two standards that have existed: One for a major soft drink, another for the native people of South America. You see, the Single Convention was adopted after years of negotiations led … Continue reading
Molly Davies: A Letter to the President: My Husband Is Not the “Bigger Fish to Fry” in Your Drug War Dear Mr. President: I am writing to you as a wife and mother of two young daughters, whose 34-year old … Continue reading
Don’t think I’ve heard this one before… Miss America Contestant Opposes All Marijuana Use That Isnâ€™t Recreational or Medicinal … OK. Interesting wording choice. Or as the gawker article wryly notes: Finally, someone willing to stand up to the hemp-rope-industrial-complex.