Eric Sterling (Criminal Justice Policy Foundation) started off the Sunday Advocacy Skills Training Day with a motivating talk to get students excited about being advocates.
A few of the points:
- Write succinctly
- Be entertaining
- Don’t be too self-critical
- Work as chapters to evaluate what you do
- Share with others (passion, praise, respect)
- Be persistent (bring it back up to the top of the in-box)
- Ask for help
- Talk to people who disagree with you
He says he had 11 points, so obviously I missed a few.