Every time I think I’ve heard every low-down, stupid, mean, insane, or evil story that could possibly come out of the drug war, I get another surprise.
I’ve known Mona online for awhile. She’s been a vocal opponent of the drug war — I collaborated with her for Prison & the War on Drugs: Just Say No at Glenn Greenwald’s Unclaimed Territory a couple of years ago.
Mona’s gone through some very tough times. In a calmer state of mind, and knowing what she already knows intellectually about the drug war, she probably would have taken a different road than I Inanely Took on the Drug War Ö And Lost.
But, my God, aren’t the cops supposed to work… for us? What kind of sick dysfunctional system allows this?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?