I don’t know if you’ve followed the comments section on this post regarding Karin Litzcke’s article about Insite.
I came down pretty hard on Karin Litzcke, and I still think her article deserved it, but I’ve got to say that I admire her greatly for coming here and participating in the discussion. She did so with grace and good manners and a sincere attempt to understand a different point of view.
Kudos also to Steve and Jim in particular for their excellent, intelligent engagement with her on this subject. They did better than I could, as the unfortunately necessary “neither fish nor fowl” status of Insite is something I have not spent enough time exploring, although I do know enough to see that it is inextricably linked to the prohibition discussion (as became clear in the discussion, though it was a surprise to Karin).
Again, we so rarely have people with differing views willing to test us in discussion, that it’s a joy to have such a visitor (perhaps it’s because Karin did not truly consider herself part of the prohibition debate).
We welcome anyone who wishes to talk with us or debate us. If it seems that we have our knives sharpened, it’s just that we’re so… eager.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?