I really enjoyed spending a little time with a couple of Drug WarRant readers this weekend in Chicago.
I’m hoping to be able to spend time with more of you in December at the 2007 International Drug Policy Reform Conference in New Orleans. (As a major fan of food spending time in a place like New Orleans, I’ll be particularly interested in doing some restaurant exploration.)
I’ll be presenting a workshop on “Elevator Arguments” with David Guard on Friday, December 7 at 4:30 pm.
I’ve also got three students from the local chapter of SSDP attending, with some generous scholarship assistance.
A financial note: It’ll cost me about $900 to go to the conference (registration, hotel and transportation — not counting food!) even as a speaker. (I don’t mind, and I love the fact that so much effort has been made to make it affordable for students.)
The Google ads on this site have been doing quite well (about $100 per month) and completely cover my direct internet and blogging expenses, but they won’t begin to touch this expense. So if anyone’s looking for an excuse to make a contribution here, this would be a good reason. But only if you have extra — this won’t send me to the poor house or anything.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?