There’s been some good discussion in comments about the power of television ads and the possibility of running some for drug policy reform. I’ve always liked the idea (even though I have no money to actually run any), so…
Why don’t we come up with some ideas, so we’re ready (in case I win the lottery)?
What kind of TV ad would you create?
The idea, of course, is not without some potential problems. After all, if the United Church of Christ can have this ad rejected by the networks for being too controversial and if networks who regularly sell sex are unwilling to run this ad, then I imagine there would be some serious resistance to ads promoting drug policy reform.
However, there is also another outlet — one that requires a very small budget and over which the networks have no control. Youtube.
The viral marketing of youtube can be extremely powerful and reach a lot of people. I know a few students who have produced some excellent videos for that medium, and I’d be willing to bet that there are ranks of talented SSDP’ers that have the skills needed.
So… what are your ideas?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- NorCalNative on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “I lack personal knowledge of DMT. I would like to change that someday, given the opportunity. I’ve watched YouTube videos…” Mar 24, 13:26
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Overdose death rates spike in categories related to race, gender and location: 22-MAR-23…extracting rates by race and gender in all…” Mar 23, 13:34
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “Genetics plays a major role in the addiction process: 22-MAR-2023…“This study represents a major advance in understanding how genetic factors…” Mar 23, 12:58
- Servetus on I really thought I was done hearing that name: “How DMT alters perceptions of reality: 20-MAR-2023 – In a study at Imperial College London, detailed brain imaging data from…” Mar 23, 12:32
- darkcycle on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “SPAM!” Mar 15, 10:44
- Nasha mukhti kedra bhopal on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “I also appreciate the way you approached the topic with empathy and compassion. Addiction is a complex issue, and it…” Mar 14, 04:28
- Son of Sam Walton on Alleged cannabis links to psychosis busted: “So, I’ve heard that the dispos rushed in bulk to vote ‘no’ because they were afraid of the higher taxes…” Mar 12, 08:48
- Pete on Drug War targets erectile dysfunction pills: “Thanks as always, Servetus. Good catch, though I suspect the spam filter will be busy once the words “Viagra” and…” Mar 10, 12:26
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?