“bullet” For those in Central Illinois, don’t forget that Prohibition Kills: An Evaluation of the War on Drugs is tonight at 7 pm.
“bullet” Tomorrow, I will be on the Steve Fast show on WJBC radio at 4:40 pm (Central time) to discuss the issues involved in tonight’s panel.
“bullet” Via Philip Smith, check out Do Skunk Stats Stink at STATS.
“bullet” The drug czar is touting a New Zealand pilot study claiming an increased lung cancer risk from cannabis. Of course, the New Zealand study is nowhere near as detailed and uses a sample that’s only a fraction of the U.S. study (Tashkin) that found that even very heavy marijuana use did not cause cancer, but the ONDCP failed to mention that.
“bullet” A couple of readers have sent me a link to Totally Baked Movie. Based on what I saw of the trailer, I seriously doubt that any Academy Award nominations will be forthcoming.
“bullet” Welcome Bob Barr to the drug policy reform movement. We’ll take converts any day.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?