There’s an article about it in today’s Pantagraph by Sharon K. Wolfe. The headline: Drug advocates focus efforts on reforming laws is a little misleading (“drug advocates”?), but those are usually written by somebody else. And they spelled my name wrong. But the article itself does a good job of briefly hitting some of the highlights.
I had a great time, and really enjoyed sharing the stage with Greg Francisco and George Pappas. We seemed to complement each other well in terms of the points we covered (and boy, did we give them a lot of good information). The audience was interested and engaged and probably would have stayed beyond the hour of Q&A that we had after the presentations.
A big thanks to the Illinois State University chapter of Students for Sensible Drug Policy for putting it all together.
Unfortunately, we weren’t able to get it videotaped. Sorry — I would have loved to share it with you. However, you can see the powerpoint slides we used (converted to web — just click on each page to advance) here, and you’ll get a little idea of some of the points we covered.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?