Some of you may remember my report on the recent circus in Alaska where politicians sought to out-do themselves coming up with bogus information and outright lies about marijuana — part of an attempt by Alaska Governor Murkowski to over-ride the state’s constitution and claim that marijuana has somehow become extraordinarily dangerous. The one sane voice then — Barbara Brink, head of the public defenders agency, who testified against the bill.
Now it’s reported that Gov. Murkowski won’t be reappointing her.
Somebody get this jerk governor a job in the private sector. The only words I want to hear from him are “Do you want fries with that?”
Related: If you can get through Anchorage Daily News’ annoying registration process, there’s a cute satirical piece about the subject – a “what if Murkowski tried to ban wine” speculation.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?