Here’s the deal:
- GRAMNET – the Grand, Routt and Moffat Narcotics Enforcement Team (which included a DEA agent) raided a Hayden, Colorado home in mid-October.
- They seize two ounces of marijuana and some pipes.
- It turns out Don Nord is a medical marijuana user and that was his medicine (legal in Colorado).
- Charges are dropped, and the judge orders the marijuana returned
- The officers had given the marijuana to the DEA, and the DEA refused to return it.
- The judge cited the officers for contempt and directed them to appear in court at 1:30 pm February 2 “to show why they should not be punished for defying the court order.” So now…
- The U.S. Attorney’s office will use taxpayer money and send lawyers to defend the DEA agent against the contempt citation.
So a federal officer goes into a man’s home in Colorado, in violation of state law, and probably in violation of the U.S. constitution, steals 2 ounces of a man’s medicine, keeps it, refuses to return it when ordered by a judge, and then gets us to provide a federal attorney to defend him.
Is there nobody with a sense of decency or democracy overseeing these morons? Certainly not the DEA Director, or the DEA Deputy Administrator, or the Drug Czar, or the Attorney General, or the President. It’s time to throw them all out and try some new idiots.