Blogging is going to be a little bit light for the next week and a half.
I’m playing the piano for a production of “A Chorus Line” which will be going up Tuesday at 5:30 pm and Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 pm (Nov. 18-20) in Capen Auditorium on the Illinois State University campus. Admission is free. So I’ve been in rehearsal 4-5 hours a night along with regular work for a couple of weeks, and this is the crunch time (and I’ve got to do more practicing on my own).
I’m also hosting a visiting guest artist (Chad Wise of New Millennium Theatre Company) on Saturday, plus doing a theatrical photo shoot for Illinois Wesleyan’s production of “Our Country’s Good” on Monday, and Illinois State’s production of “Pride’s Crossing” on Tuesday (after my performance of “A Chorus Line”). All of this combined with a busy time at work.
I’ll still let you know about any big news that comes up. But if you’re looking for more of a drug war info fix, be sure to check out Last One Speaks – Libby has some great stuff, having just returned from the Drug Policy Alliance Convention. Also, TalkLeft always seems to be on top of breaking news.
Check out some of the links at left and even more here.
When I get some time, I have an addition to make to the Drug War Victims page. It’s a story from some time ago that demands more attention than I can give it now.
Also, I’ve had inquiries as to setting up a forum for other people who have something to say about the drug war, but don’t have their own blog. So I’m going to be planning a more formalized guest rant arrangement. Start writing if you’re so moved, and feel free to send me any submissions you have.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?