Check this out at Huffington Post: Rep. Jared Polis burns Colorado’s new DEA Chief Barbra Roach over strict anti-marijuana stance
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- Great Harry's Ghost! on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “aye! Or rolling down the windows and opening the wind wings… (auld phart reference)” May 27, 16:48
- Servetus on He’s back: “Police in Uttar Pradesh, India, say rats ate over 500 kilograms of seized weed. The court wanted proof. Could researchers…” May 27, 12:46
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Research conducted in San Francisco on psilocybin treatment for depression indicates its use does not interfere with or complicate the…” May 27, 12:13
- NorCalNative on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The body gets rid 0f toxic alcohol, and stores non-toxic cannabinoids in fatty tissue. Fuck what’s in the breath and…” May 26, 20:30
- Servetus on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “The long sought marijuana breathalyzer is still a long way from realization. The government wants a technology to test drivers…” May 22, 22:26
- Servetus on He’s back: “Former ONDCP Director John P. Walters has a few credibility problems. One is he’s now the CEO of a neocon…” May 18, 07:26
- Servetus on FDA approves over-the-counter Narcan: “Researchers in Bangkok, Thailand have developed an edible coating made from encapsulated CBD that can preserve freshness in strawberries: 17-MAY-2023…” May 17, 20:31
- Spade Dude on Do Cheech and Chong roll his joints?: “Three Camberwell Carrots = at least two oz.” May 15, 05:59
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?
what this country needs is more patriots like Rep. Polis to burn a few dea roaches on the floor of the house of misrepresentatives.
By refusing to live in a Colorado city because it has a medical marijuana dispensary, DEA Agent Barbra Roach is being hypocritical.
Ms. Roach should go all the way and refuse to live any place where marijuana is smoked. This would limit her residency options to the moon and the planet Mars.
I especially liked the part about “the other side being bankrupt of facts”.
I am of the firm belief that if you soak the paper tiger enough times, it will eventually just fall apart due to its own lack of substance.
What we are seeing here is the same old drug warrior trope: “drugs are bad, drugs are evil, drugs are illegal.” I am pretty sure we have done significant structural damage to the first two assumptions. If anything, you can replace the word ‘drugs’ in those instances with ‘drug laws’ and end up with accurate statements. It seems as though most arguments are now hinging on that final statement — which, while empirically true, is not an inherent truth. Until the 20th century, the idea of something like hemp being illegal had not really crept into the mind of the populous. Some would have probably argued that making anything that can be grown illegal is tantamount to heresy — making God’s creations illegal? Really? Others would argue that it’s illogical, since these substances are often simply produced and are in demand.
(A parallel would lie in trying to make something like pornography illegal. Is it morally questionable to some? Certainly. But making it illegal would not serve to alleviate the extant demand -or- make its production inherently more difficult. In fact, it would serve only to unhinge regulatory schemes and increase the profitability of the supply — wait, what am I talking about again?)
i’m serious, for two centuries we have experimented with being governed by alcoholics and the results are not good. i propose a total ban on government employees having any alcohol in their blood during working hours. it doesn’t seem too much to ask of our servants. breath tests before each working day would determine whether the employee is paid for thet day. every public servant from the top down to mid management. that ought to improve government decision making. to be truly representative half of congress should be burning a fatty on smoke breaks, but no, they try to dull their consciences with booze instead. that’s why the country is making all these stupid choices. like illegal wars and disregard for the constitution.
what a nitwit. shes obviously been brought in to appeal to the security/soccer moms with her concerns about mold and water damage but all she does is insult their intelligence and reveal her own lack there of.
hundreds of thousands of homes moldy from indoor pot growing? Really? Anyone have a copy of the report she derived that [non]factoid from? I mean really… she should have just lied instead. Oh, wait…
And yes, major props to Jared Polis! A few more elected types like that and we’d be hell on wheels.
Polis Burns a Roach… a DEA roach no less, what a great headline and Huffpo played it lite. Why is she worried about dispensaries anyway? She otta change her name if she’s so anti-pot. Lawdy, lawdy, there’s jokes there to last for years.
Oh my stars and garters, won’t somebody think of the air-quality and abused air filters?!?!
A truly horrific problem indeed.
Which of course would be promptly solved if people could just peacefully grow the plant in much the same way they do all other crops.
You know, outside or in all manner of these wondrous newfangled contraptions called Green Houses.
Only the incompetent grower spawns mold with his indoor grow op. Water damage could happen to even the most diligent grower but would be a very rare event.
i don’t know if it matters but this is what barry mc caffrey is doing to keep his belly full recently: http://www.salon.com/2012/02/28/gen_mccaffrey_privately_briefs_nbc_execs_on_war_with_iran/singleton
yeah, Barry’s been one of their military “advisors” for years. And the mere fact so many are using that phrase “war w/ Iran” scares the crap outta me. Apparently we haven’t learned a thing.