DirecTV has a series of ads that essentially parody the gateway theory (although they may not realize it themselves). Here’s my favorite:
- When you have cable and can’t record all your shows, you feel unhappy.
- When you feel unhappy, you go to happy hour.
- When you go to happy hour, you’re up for anything.
- When you’re up for anything, you head to a Turkish Bathhouse.
- When you head to a Turkish Bathhouse, you meet Charlie Sheen.
- And, when you meet Charlie Sheen, you reenact scenes from “Platoon” with Charlie Sheen.
- Don’t reenact scenes from “Platoon” with Charlie Sheen. Get rid of cable and upgrade to DirecTV.
Hey, every single person I know who has reenacted scenes from “Platoon” with Charlie Sheen started with being unable to record all their shows. It must be true!!!