This week, weâ€™re putting out an urgent call to all organizations and individuals who believe in this cause; that cannabis should be a legal substance. Itâ€™s both a medicine and a safe recreational choice that, despite years of propaganda, has no lethal dose. For those who understand the necessity of legalization, we call upon you to donate whatever you can to get Initiative 1149 â€“ which ends criminal and civil penalties for adults â€“ on the November ballot. We have a strong, dedicated and extremely proud group of volunteers that have put us in a position to win, but with your help we can augment our gatherers with paid professionals, assuring cannabis legalization in Washington has a better chance of becoming reality. Initiative 1149 offers up an opportunity unlike any other weâ€™ve seen in recent years, a chance for true reform, and this is our chance to make a difference. However we need the help of everyone. The importance of achieving legalization in even one state and what that means for future attempts cannot be overstated.
With this call, we are holding a Sensible Washington Money Bomb starting on Wednesday June 8th and running through Wednesday, June 15th, with the help and sponsorship of National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (NORML), Cannabis Culture, Seattle Hempfest, Tacoma Hempfest, and the Cannabis Freedom March.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?