Dear President Bush,
With Alberto Gonzales leaving in September, it looks like you’ll be needing to find a new Attorney General to serve out the rest of your term. I am willing to offer my services.
I’m not a lawyer and don’t have any work experience specific to the job, but as I understand it, that kind of thing hasn’t really been all that important.
And I have one qualification that the previous two AG’s were lacking — I’ve read and mostly understand the Constitution of the United States. You may not think this is particularly useful, but it does relate to the oath taken, and might be worth checking out.
I also know that you value appointees who follow your wishes, so I am pleased to tell you that, if nominated, I pledge to use your words (taken from an interview in 1999) as a guide: “I believe each state can choose that decision as they so choose.”
Give me a call, and we’ll chat.
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?