“bullet” thehim’s Shooting Fish in a Barrel discusses a High School undercover operation (where the officer approaches students asking them to procure drugs for them) and just how ridiculous it is to assume that arrests in that situation have any meaning at all. It’s also reminiscent of this despicable case, where an attractive female undercover cop gets H.S. boys with raging hormones to buy drugs for her.
“bullet” At Reason’s Hit and Run: The Minnesota Supreme Court chips away even more at the Fourth Amendment, in a case involving drugs and dogs, of course.
“bullet” This was in the Drug War Chronicle I posted yesterday, but it’s worth highlighting. Phillip Smith discusses the Ed Rosenthal trial and the interesting activist tactic of people in the medical marijuana movement refusing to testify against Rosenthal.
“bullet” Good post by Scott Morgan on ONDCP’s “Dr.” David Murray’s appearance at CATO for a discussion of “Lies, Damned Lies, and Drug War Statistics: A Critical Analysis of Claims Made by the Office of National Drug Control Policy.” See also the comments there.
“bullet” Grits for Breakfast has several interesting posts: Austin Tells TV show COPS “No Thanks”, plus Unreliable urinalyses accuse innocent people, and A really bizarre reaction to police corruption.
“bullet” Alex at Drug Law Blog asks Will it Regulate?
- DrugWarRant.com, the longest running single-issue blog devoted to drug policy
Join us on Pete's couch.
Send comments, tips,
and suggestions to:
- A Day at the Museum
- A story for Thanksgiving (Isidro and Teresa Aviles)
- Andrea Barthwell, caught red-handed
- Andrea Barthwell, Snake Oil Salesman
- Bong Hits 4 Jesus – Supreme Court Case
- DEA Bad Girl Michele Leonhart
- Deep Thoughts About the Drug War
- Drug War Victims
- Drug War Videos
- Drug WarRant Joins SOPA, PIPA Protest
- Hammer Down, Pop Up
- If I were Contrarian-King of the United States
- Increase in Burger Abuse Seen
- Irvin Rosenfeld and the Compassionate IND — Medical Marijuana Proof and Government Lies
- Karen Tandy and the DEA (Can Congress Get a Clue?)
- Len Bias – the death that ushered in two decades of destruction
- Mother and Son
- Patriot Act, Victory Act, Despot Act
- Petition for Correction under the ONDCP Information Quality Guidelines
- Raich v. Ashcroft
- Rand and American Enterprise Institute Studies – Indictments of Federal Drug Policy
- the Drug Czar is Required by Law to Lie
- Treatment Statistics
- Who’s Who in Drug Prohibition
- Why is Marijuana Illegal?